Power Wheelchairs & Scooters
Trouble Shooting and Safety Tips
Your Power Chair or Scooter Will Not Run
1. Is the device beeping or flashing? Will it roll when pushed?
If yes, check the freewheeling lever(s) in the back to make sure your device is in drive. Turn off your device and back on.
2. Is the power turned on?
If not, turn on the power and try again.
3. Is your device plugged into the charger?
If yes, unplug your charger from the device and wall, turn your device off then back on.
Correct Battery Charging
1. If you use your power device heavily, charge it every night while you sleep, about 8 hours.
2. If you use your device occasionally, charge it for at least 2-3 times per week.
3. Never allow your batteries to completely lose its charge.
4. ONLY use the charger made for your device.
5. For extended disuse, charge your batteries up fully then disconnect them from the device. Try to keep a charge on the batteries as much as possible.
1. Ensure your power device is turned off before getting in or out of the equipment.
2. Do not wear long or baggy clothing that could be caught in the wheels of the device.
3. Maintain a safe speed for your surroundings.
4. Be aware of your surroundings. Individuals in cars will not be able to see you as easily. Weather can also be troublesome.
Make sure to protect your equipment, particularly the console, if you get caught in a storm.
5. Refer to your owners manual for more instructions.