At CVI Medical, we get contacted all the time by people wanting to rent a power mobility scooter for their friend or loved one who is visiting them in Dallas. One of the great things about a power scooter is how it increases your ability to go where you want, when you want, and for longer because your fears about pain or fatigue are lessened with the help of a scooter to aid an individual in getting around. Some people even make a permanent investment and buy a power scooter when they realize it increases their independence in their daily lives. With so many scooter choices from three-wheel scooters to four-wheel scooters and even scooter accessories, a power mobility scooter becomes not just a daily medical equipment aid but a way of life.
After consulting with our experts about the best power scooter to rent or buy, guess what the next question we get is?
“Any recommendations as to where we can go in Dallas that is mobility scooter friendly?”
It’s one of our favorite questions!
Dallas is a vibrant city with a lot to offer for people using mobility scooters. Here are some places of interest to see in Dallas when using a mobility scooter:
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden: This beautiful garden is a must-visit for nature lovers. It offers stunning views of seasonal flowers, water features, and sculptures.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: This museum has a variety of interactive exhibits that cover everything from earth science to engineering. It's wheelchair and scooter accessible, with elevators and ramps throughout the building.
- Dallas World Aquarium: This aquarium is home to thousands of marine creatures, including sharks, rays, and sea turtles. The entire facility is accessible for mobility scooter users.
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza: This museum is located in the former Texas School Book Depository and chronicles the life and death of President John F. Kennedy. It's accessible for mobility scooter users.
- Klyde Warren Park: This park is a beautiful green space in the heart of downtown Dallas. It features a variety of food trucks, a playground, and a dog park. It's fully accessible for mobility scooters.
- Dallas Museum of Art: The Dallas Museum of Art is home to an impressive collection of over 24,000 works of art. It's fully accessible for mobility scooter users, with elevators and ramps throughout the building.
- AT&T Stadium: This stadium is the home of the Dallas Cowboys football team. It offers accessible seating and accommodations for mobility scooter users during events.
- Dallas Zoo: This zoo is home to over 2,000 animals, including elephants, giraffes, and tigers. It's fully accessible for mobility scooter users, with paved paths and accessible exhibits.
Overall, Dallas is a great destination for people using mobility scooters, with plenty of accessible attractions to explore. If you are visiting Dallas, or have a friend that is, we hope you contact us at CVI Medical to fulfill your mobility scooter or home medical equipment needs!